"I was six years old when my father passed away. I didn’t know the meaning of death then. My elder brothers, however, had to leave studies to support our family. I belong to a very small town in Pakistan where the people discouraged me and my family saying that a girl's education isn't that important.
We Educate Women Because It Changes The World
Inspite of that, my brothers encouraged me to pursue higher studies; they had many dreams for me and my sister They didn't want us to sacrifice our studies because of any burden. Now, my younger sister is in her first year of MBBS and I got an institutional merit scholarship for my Bachelor’s. Then, I was one of the top 125 luckiest candidates selected from 40000 plus applicants through a hard and long process to study in the US for one semester as an exchange student.
Fighting with life's downs is not easy but not to do this is a crime, a crime against one’s own happiness. If you do this then you can stand up with your head held high. It was my papa’s dream to see his daughters doing something big and I can proudly say that I am living his dream here in US as a cultural ambassador. I couldn't have done this without my brothers either: they became my stepping stone to believing in myself and not letting me give up. I will do both my papa and my brothers proud."

0 comments:
Post a Comment