My father was 6 months old when his father died and my grandmother never married again. After living a hard life, he got a government job as a gardener. When he got married, our relatives made fun of my parents’ circumstances saying how they would educate their children in the future.
My father had no siblings and I was his first child. He told me all about his life and always expressed his feelings in front of me. The greatest gifts my father gave me was letting me witness the courage with which he led his life. Even when we had no money, I never saw him without a smile on his face. Even when he became diabetic, a heart patient and even lost one of his eyes, I remember he never once complained. There came a time in his life when he couldn’t stand on his feet and could just crawl. In spite of that, he was always there to encourage us and that he was there to fulfill our needs. With him at my side, I didn’t have to worry about a thing when I was growing up. Neither did my brothers. My father passed away but he left his example behind. He gave us a comfortable life by living a hard one himself. I am now doing PhD from an Italian University sponsored by an Italian bank. I am the third Pakistani to achieve this fellowship. Moreover, I am also working as Research Scholar Columbia University, New York and secured a Postdoctoral position in McGill University Canada. My younger brother is a software Engineer from UET and has his own software house and another is an 11th grade officer. If anyone asked all three of us today what made our success possible, our answer would be the same – our father.

0 comments:
Post a Comment